Careers at Digitek
Join Our World Class Team
- Opening – HR Generalist
(posted: September 19th, 2013)
Questions or resumes may be sent via email to: Careers at Digitek
As the successful candidate, you will have the ability to take ownership of HRIS, compliance issues, benefits administration, onboarding, temporary and regular staffing. You must feel comfortable using your broad knowledge of human resources combined with an understanding of our organizational culture to find ways the function can contribute to organizational objectives. The position responsibilities will evolve as you and the organization evolve. Your work will be varied with challenging projects and the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge while developing as an HR professional. Human Resources enjoys strong support from the senior management team, managers and front line employees because we focus on business results. You will help to maintain our reputation with our staff as an honest broker with an open door policy.
- Process bi-monthly payroll.
- Recruit for staff and professional positions ensuring all participants feel valued and Assist Senior Management with management level recruiting.
- Administer benefit and insurance programs (via Benetrac), including open enrollments. Reconcile all monthly insurance and benefits statements. Align all applicable benefit programs and deductions with payroll processes and procedures.
- Provide administrative support and identify improvements for major annual initiatives: performance evaluations, goals, incentive compensation and professional development.
- Facilitate decision making on issues by providing detailed information on facts and potential solutions, as well as ideas and recommendations on implementation and communication.
- Identify issues and potential solutions that will support human resources initiatives and present them in a manner that facilitates understanding, analysis, and decision making.
- Support managers orienting and onboarding new hires, including new hire forms and personnel file development.
- Purge records to ensure compliance with record retention policy.
- Initial point of contact for HR inquiries. Understand the issues and involve the appropriate parties.
- Maintain HRIS systems and personnel files that are consistently accurate, up to date, and support the human capital information needs of the organization.
- Contribute to ensuring the organization follows all state and federal legal requirements.
- Verify and code all HR department invoices before payment.
- Ensure temporary staffing requests are filled and preferred relationship with staffing vendors is maintained.
- Update and maintain HR Metrics.
- Assist CFO with budget preparation and monitoring for the HR department.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree required, and PHR certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience.
- Experience with ADP Pay Expert platform.
- Experience in a multi-location organization preferred.
- Business acumen from educational background, experience and mentorship.
- Aware of current human resources trends, their impact in high performing organizations and the potential they provide.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint to deliver accurate and effective work products.
- Business Minded. You have an understanding of business needs and the ability to initiate change.
- Discernment. You know when to take action, when to confer, when to dig deeper and when to be meticulous.
- Effective communicator. You understand the importance of tone and how to communicate clearly, whether it's email, telephone, or face-to-face. You are able to adjust your message and channel for the audience.
- Independent. You are a self-starter with the ability to make good decisions without constant direction.
- Approachable and responsive. You confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations. You are willing to listen and learn from others.
- Judgment and tact. You understand when to give advice and when to seek advice. You have tact and diplomacy at a professional level to deal with sensitive information and issues. You maintain confidentiality, impartiality and objective judgment in interactions with people.
- Flexible. You are adept at managing multiple priorities simultaneously and on deadline.
- Curious. You have a curious mind that constantly challenges why things are done in a certain way; you follow through with smart and creative solutions and provide alternatives.
This exciting opportunity offers the professional a salary based on experience, a bonus plan, medical and dental benefits and participation in Digitek's 401K.
If you are a professional who appreciates a supportive culture, where employees are valued and team achievement is the norm, then Digitek is the place for you.
Top of Page